We all do it, even me. WE make our health and fitness regime BORING!
Either from lack of inspiration or playing it safe with the same old routine, we struggle to get creative with out health and fitness plan from time to time.
I’m going to share with you some of the things I do to keep my health and fitness regime INTERESTING! So you too can stay on track to your goals and ENGAGED in what you are doing day to day.
GET INTO THE GREAT OUTDOORS
Whether you have a gym membership or go to a bootcamp class at the park, you are still surround by the same scene every week. It’s time to get out and ADVENTURE!
Adventure (noun) – an unusual and exciting or daring experience.
Go somewhere NEW that offers hiking, bike riding, long walking tracks, rock climbing or something similar.
There are so many amazing places in Australia that offer all these things and more!
I recently went on a 1.5hr hike around the You Yangs and loved it! My legs where worked and I felt invigorated!
MIX UP YOUR RECOVERY
Recovery is such an important part of being fit and healthy!
Instead of doing the usual Yoga class or bath at home try some of my suggestions for an indulgent and effective recovery below–
- Float Tanks + Infrared Sauna – both offered at Wellness Studio Geelong
- Mineral Hot Springs – Peninsula Hot Springs
- Active Stretch Classes – Little Bantam Studio
- Ice Baths – Hydrotherapy offered at Pro Sport
MAKE UP YOUR OWN EXERCISES
We’ve all seen and heard on contemporary dance, yes? This is a dance movement based on self expression. The dancers move in a way that feels good!
You can do the same. All you need to do is put some music on and start moving. I’m not saying you have to actually dance, but somewhere hidden in that big memory bank of yours is a whole cache of exercises you have done before that can be combined together to create something challenging for the body! Check out the Step By Step How Too Below –
Build your Own workout –
- Pick some tunes and allocate 30 minutes to this exercise.
- Take a few deep breaths, thinking about what you want to focus on, let the inspiration come naturally.
- Stop thinking about what you look like! Just enjoy anything that comes out!
- Start to move. Incorporating exercises you’ve done before, things you’ve seen or wanted to try and combine a few exercises to make yours.
- Keep your moves BODY WEIGHT focused!
- If you find a movement you like, treat it like a Boomerang on Insta and repeat the movement 10 – 15 times. Both sides if needed.
- Try to go through 4-5 moves in the sessions.
- When you finish notice how you feel? If anything hurts good or bad? Write it down if you like.
- Make sure you STRETCH! try out my Active Stretch videos.