25 May 7 STEPS TO SNAP OUT OF YOUR FUNK!
Do you ever find yourself making excuses for why you can’t do that workout, stretch session, meditation, adventure or just take that next step toward that wild and crazy goal you set for yourself?
Suddenly the sleep in, the comfy couch or the easy road out seems like a far better option.
You lack motivation and for whatever reason you struggle to bust through!
We are all familiar with that feeling. These are the little speed bumps set up in our minds that challenge us towards our goals. Here are a few practical steps to help you overcome these mini motivational lapses, get our of your own way and on the path to success.
THE 7 STEPS
Become aware of why you feel stuck. Are you tired? Feeling lazy? Paying too much attention to your inner critic? Why do you feel this way? Identify it, write it down or give it a name if it helps.
- Allow yourself to feel this way. Now that you have identified why you feel like you do allow yourself to sit with that feeling or emotion. Give yourself a time limit 5min – 15min to let yourself be in this state.
- Change your state. If you can’t get into action right away, change your state. Get moving, go for a walk, get in nature, visit a friend at the very least change your environment. It’s important to move past the ‘stuck’ feelings and create new ones for yourself.
- Connect with your greater goal or reason why you want what you want. What is it that you ultimately want from the workout, stretch meditation or crazy goal? Think about why you set out to do this in the first place.
- Set yourself a deadline and stick to it. Make an appointment with yourself and keep it like you would any other appointment or a catch up with a friend.
- Just do it! Getting into action is the most powerful thing you can do. There is no time for excuses as our minds are now occupied by the present moment and what we need to do.
- Celebrate your win. Recognise the hurdle you just overcame. So often our minds hold us back more than we realise. Celebrate your small win and notice how it made you feel. Remember this for next time you feel in a funk.
The quicker you can master step one, the faster you will be creating new habits for yourself to attain what it is you really want. So get out of your own way and achieve your goals. You owe it to yourself!
Life Coach | Adventurer | Speaker | Blogger